All NJ Region refreshers are Hybrid OEC Refreshers.
This means there are two parts that you will need to complete to get your OEC Cycle C Refresher credit:
PART 1 – Online portion (Lectures) PART 2 – “On Mountain” portion (Hands-on)
IMPORTANT: ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FOR ALL REFRESHERS AT NSP.ORG IS REQUIRED.
INSTRUCTOR OEC REFRESHERS:
Saturday 9/10 at Lambertville, NJ (8am – 3pm) DONE!
Sunday 9/18 at Wayne, NJ (8am – 3pm) DONE!
2016 OEC REFRESHERS:
National Winter Activity Center – 10/15
Delaware Valley – 10/16 (This refresher is being run later than usual this year)
Campgaw – 11/20 (E043160001)
Mountain Creek – 11/20 (Q122160003)
(see Calendar for Course#/Registration links)
Information on taking a Hybrid OEC Refresher
PART 1 – ONLINE Refresher Material:
Here are the steps to take the online portion:
There is NO course number for the Online Refresher portion.
1) Logging into www.NSP.org 2) Click the “For Members” button.
3) Click the “Online Learning” button 4) UPDATE: A screen will pop-up in a new tab/window saying the “You are leaving www.NSP.org” and to click on the image to go the knowledgedirectweb.com site.
NOTE: if clicking the image does nothing, you have pop-ups blocked. Try holding down the SHIFT key while clicking or change your settings to allow pop-ups.
4a)You will be taken to the “nsp.knowledgedirectweb.com” – Log in (your username/password from last year has not changed).
5) Click the “Available Courses” Tab
6) Select the “OEC Refresher Cycle C 2016” and Click “Add” [if you don’t see Cycle C listed you may need to click the + sign at the bottom of the box to expand the list.] 7) Its Free!…Click “Add Course” 8) You should be back to the “My Course” tab – Click “Launch” under “OEC Refresher Cycle C 2016”
9) Select Module one to start (You must do the modules in order) and you will be presented with more info to fill in: [Note: if the form is auto filled it is probably wrong.] Member ID = your 6 digit NSP #
Patrol/unit name = Patrol name
Patrol/Unit Number = E###
10) Begin the modules.
11) Finish modules. Fill out evaluation form. Print completion certificate. Bring Certificate to Hands-on Refresher portion.
PART 2: Hands-on OEC Refresher sign up:
If you would like a visual walk through of the proces:
Login to NSP.org >>> Click “Costumer Care FAQ” button >>> Select “Course Enrollment” under Detailed Video Tuorials.
1) Log in towww.NSP.org 2) Click “For Members” 3) On the right hand side, under “Member Resources” click“Course Schedule” [Note: if you don’t see the Member Resouces” column, use the Member Resources drop-down at the top of the page and select “Course Schedule”]
4) In “Course Number Equals”, enter <Course Number>*, then click “Find” 5) Find the date you want to attend and Click course title link “OEC Refresher C” 6) Click “Register Myself” 7) Click “Proceed to Checkout” 8) Click “Submit Order”
*Enter “Q122160003” for Mountain Creek,
or “E043160001” for Campgaw
IMPORTANT: You will not get credit for the refresher if you do not complete the registration.
Two teams from NJ Region took first & second places at the First Annual MTR Challenge held Sunday February 28th on Mount Greylock in MA . It was a grueling day & congratulations are in order for the First Place team of Steve Devine and Chris Mazza and the Second place team of Matt Karpinecz and Rod Schmidt.
Both teams did an excellent job!! – Deb Cowell
The two teams were separated by only a minute which is very impressive considering that this was a 9 hour competition day!