Below are some updates from around the region:
- Avalanche Course to be run at Campgaw on February 3rd.
- MTR Challenge will be held at Gore, NY on March 4th. Click here for “2018 MTR Challenge Orientation and Recon Hints“
- Instructor Developement Course will be run on Sunday, May 20 at the Wayne First Aid Building.
All NJ Region refreshers are Hybrid OEC Refreshers.
This means there are two parts that you will need to complete to get your OEC Cycle A Refresher credit:
PART 1 – Online portion (Lectures)
PART 2 – Hands-on portion
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE AT NSP.ORG FOR ALL REFRESHERS
2017 INSTRUCTOR OEC REFRESHERS:
Saturday 9/9 at Lambertville, NJ (8am – 3pm) (Cse# E337170002)
- Sunday 9/17 at Wayne, NJ (8am – 3pm) (Cse# E337170003)
2017 OEC REFRESHERS:
Delaware Valley – 10/1 (Cse# E337170005)
Mountain Creek – 10/1 (Cse# Q122170002)
National Winter Activity Center – 10/14
- Campgaw – 11/19
(Course#/Registration links to be posted when available)
Information on taking a Hybrid OEC Refresher
PART 1 – ONLINE Refresher Material:
Here are the steps to take the online portion (or download instructions HERE):
There is NO course number for the Online Refresher portion.
1) Logging into www.NSP.org
2) Click the “For Members” button.
3) Click the “Online Learning” button
4) Click on “Click Here To Enter…”
NOTE: if clicking the image does nothing, you have pop-ups blocked. Try holding down the SHIFT key while clicking or change your settings to allow pop-ups.
5) Click the “Courses” Tab (top left)
6) Select the “2017 Refresher A”
7) Select “Module 1” one to start the on-line portion of the refresher
8) Finish modules. Fill out evaluation form. Print completion certificate.
9) Bring Certificate to Hands-on Refresher portion.
PART 2: Hands-on OEC Refresher sign up:
If you would like a visual walk through of the proces:
Login to NSP.org >>> Click “Costumer Care FAQ” button >>> Select “Course Enrollment” under Detailed Video Tuorials.
1) Log in to www.NSP.org
2) Click “For Members”
3) On the right hand side, under “Member Resources” click “Course Schedule”
[Note: if you don’t see the Member Resouces” column, use the Member Resources drop-down at the top of the page and select “Course Schedule”]
4) In “Course Number Equals”, enter <Course Number>, then click “Find”
5) Find the date you want to attend and Click course title link “OEC Refresher A”
6) Click “Register Myself”
7) Click “Proceed to Checkout”
8) Click “Submit Order”
IMPORTANT: You will not get credit for the refresher if you do not complete the online registration.
Congratulations to The Center’s 2017 OEC class!
[L-R] Abby Cohen, Anatoly Muchnikov, Finn Holovacs,
Anastasia Orlova, Nate Jablonski, Erin Butterfield
OEC Practical Evaluation was run on Saturday, September 24th, 2017
Many thanks to:
Evaluators: Alan Bergstrom, Allan Clark, Diane Ullmer, Jeff Jablonski, Lainie McDonnell, Mike Melcer, Phil Galka, Ralph Cooke, Randal Sehn, Steve Divine, Sue Ellen Helmacy, Tim Holovacs, Tom Marett,
Patients: Mike DiFilippis, Skye Frawley, Tarra Frawley, Ester Melcer
Catering: Porter-Frawley Food Services, Inc.
OEC Class IOR: Joni Porter
OEC Class IT: Harriet Frawley
OEC Exam Coordinator: David Mooney
Thanks to National Winter Activity Center for hosting the evaluation.
Come join the after season party!
When – Sunday May 7st, 2016, 4pm-8pm
Where – The Barnyard & Carriage House
754 Totowa Rd. Totowa, NJ 07512
Cost – $40 per person
Checks made out to: NSP-NJR
124 Carol Place
Wayne, NJ 07470
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 201-738-6270
Music & Dancing
Fabulous Door Prize and 50/50
On the 12/10 weekend, NJ Region ran the two day Mountain Travel and Rescue Level 1
John Rovetto, Region MTR Advisor, did an excellent job organizing and running the event.
Many thanks to all the instructors who helped make this a great educational experience.
MTR1 2016 Class – Candidates & Instructors
It was a blast, with much learning and fun to be had. But boy was it cold! 17 students plus several instructors and two search&rescue dogs camped overnight in tents with the temperature dropping to 13 degrees.
Below is a picture from Day 2 after breaking camp. Can you find where the campers in the photo above were sleeping?