NEW Region Officers:
- Region Dinner Dance, April 19th (see post below)
- Region Recruitment booth at Lambertville Shadfest, April 25-26*
Contact Stu Gillard (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional info & booth location
- OEC class at Mountain Creek begins in May
Class is full, please contact KG (email@example.com) for possible openings and class info.
- SARAT (Search and Rescue Team) Mock Search, April 12th*
- MTR E, Navigation Course May 16th*
- Instructor Development course, May 17th*
*See Region Calendar for additional information.
- The many candidates who passed their OET(aka S&T) this season.
- Four Senior candidates passed the Senior OEC Module.
- John Crandall and crew for a successful Senior program re-boot. Great job!
- Gary Refuse from Campgaw passed the OEC practical evaluation.
(many thanks to the evaluators and patients)
- All the ski areas: Closing with snow still on the trails! An excellent ski season!
(apologies for the lack of names…check back for an update after the Region Dinner)
Come join the party!
When – April 19, 2015, 5pm-9pm
Where – Lake Mohawk Country Club
21 The Boardwalk Sparta, NJ 07871
Cost - $50 per person
Download: Dinner Dance 2015 flier
Checks made out to:
NSP-NJR (National Ski Patrol – New Jersey Region)
30 Breakneck Road
Vernon, NJ 07462
Fabulous door prize.
Don’t miss the cocktail hour 5- 6 pm (cash bar)
on the boardwalk.
So find a baby sitter.
Bring a guest.
Have some fun!
Big calendar update so check it out!
Outdoor Emergency Transportation (aka S&T) – There’s something for everyone looking to go to the next level of S&T or just improve on your skills:
- BASIC: There are 3 patroller schools within an easy drive from NJ and I highly recommend attending one to all patrollers. Learn the tips & tricks to better skiing from PSIA instructors and toboggan handling from Certified patrollers.
- SENIOR: If you are going for Senior S&T, then these schools are indispensable resources of great training to move up a level. Bring on the mogul fields!
- CERTIFIED: Be an elite patroller. Calendar has the program dates, contact them and learn the secret handshake.
MTR and Avalanche have a full set of programs this season too:
- MTR 1 (if you missed out on the one in December)
- MTR2 – NOTE: courses shown are the 2nd half. Contact the person in charge regarding part 1 (equipment inspection, etc.)
- Level 1 Avalanche – Run by our own Matt Karpinecz, no prerequisite needed. NEW LOCATION – course is now being held at Campgaw. Download new flier.
Also check out the Eastern Division Calendar for additional events.
Here are the candidates from two of the OEC course held this year in the NJ Region.
Mountain Creek OEC Course 2014
BACK ROW - Left to Right: Mike Zimak, Kenny Dundorf, Kaden Kovar, Dan Viegas
FRONT ROW - Left to Right: Jon Zimak, Michael Marx, Luke Herrmann, Dana Maier
Not Pictured: Ben Toussaint
Photo: David Mooney
Mountain Creek OEC course ran from May to July
Delaware Valley OEC Course 2014
BACK ROW - Left to Right: Andrew Becker, Tom Sibila, Glenn Haydu, Bernard Ferris,
Don Dunworth, Doreen Trontell
FRONT ROW - Left to Right: Donald Lynch, Zachary Pick, Peter Sullivan, Tony Tarullo
Photo: Stu Gillard
Delaware Valley OEC Course ran from August to December
Not pictured: Mike Estrada from the Campgaw OEC class took and passed the practical exam at the DV exam.
Many thanks to all the instructors for the hours of time spent training the next generation of patrollers and to the evaluators and patients who made sure they were up to the task.
Download the latest Trail Sweep from Eastern Division.
Click the image above to download the full color version.
For the Black & White version click here.