Evaluators & patients needed for the upcoming OEC practical evaluation at The Center (NWAC).
Saturday September 24th, 9am – 4pm.
Sign up via the link below:
Click Evaluator or Patient, then click “Submit” at the bottom, then fill out sign up info.
1. Only sign up for patient if you are a non-instructor or an Instructor-in-training.
2. If all Evaluator slots are filled, please sign-up using remaining patient slots.
3. You do not need to register with SignUp Genius to complete this sign-up.
All NJ Region refreshers are Hybrid OEC Refreshers.
This means there are two parts that you will need to complete to get your OEC Cycle A Refresher credit:
PART 1 – Online portion (Lectures)
PART 2 – Hands-on portion
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTRATION ONLINE AT NSP.ORG FOR ALL REFRESHERS
2017 INSTRUCTOR OEC REFRESHERS:
Saturday 9/9 at Lambertville, NJ (8am – 3pm) (Cse# E337170002)
- Sunday 9/17 at Wayne, NJ (8am – 3pm) (Cse# E337170003)
2017 OEC REFRESHERS:
- Delaware Valley – 10/1 (Cse# E337170005)
- Mountain Creek – 10/1 (Cse# Q122170002)
- National Winter Activity Center – 10/14
- Campgaw – 11/19
(Course#/Registration links to be posted when available)
Information on taking a Hybrid OEC Refresher
PART 1 – ONLINE Refresher Material:
Here are the steps to take the online portion (or download instructions HERE):
There is NO course number for the Online Refresher portion.
1) Logging into www.NSP.org
2) Click the “For Members” button.
3) Click the “Online Learning” button
4) Click on “Click Here To Enter…”
NOTE: if clicking the image does nothing, you have pop-ups blocked. Try holding down the SHIFT key while clicking or change your settings to allow pop-ups.
5) Click the “Courses” Tab (top left)
6) Select the “2017 Refresher A”
7) Select “Module 1” one to start the on-line portion of the refresher
8) Finish modules. Fill out evaluation form. Print completion certificate.
9) Bring Certificate to Hands-on Refresher portion.
PART 2: Hands-on OEC Refresher sign up:
If you would like a visual walk through of the proces:
Login to NSP.org >>> Click “Costumer Care FAQ” button >>> Select “Course Enrollment” under Detailed Video Tuorials.
1) Log in to www.NSP.org
2) Click “For Members”
3) On the right hand side, under “Member Resources” click “Course Schedule”
[Note: if you don’t see the Member Resouces” column, use the Member Resources drop-down at the top of the page and select “Course Schedule”]
4) In “Course Number Equals”, enter <Course Number>, then click “Find”
5) Find the date you want to attend and Click course title link “OEC Refresher A”
6) Click “Register Myself”
7) Click “Proceed to Checkout”
8) Click “Submit Order”
IMPORTANT: You will not get credit for the refresher if you do not complete the online registration.
Come join the after season party!
When – Sunday May 7st, 2016, 4pm-8pm
Where – The Barnyard & Carriage House
754 Totowa Rd. Totowa, NJ 07512
Cost – $40 per person
Checks made out to: NSP-NJR
124 Carol Place
Wayne, NJ 07470
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 201-738-6270
Music & Dancing
Fabulous Door Prize and 50/50
On the 12/10 weekend, NJ Region ran the two day Mountain Travel and Rescue Level 1
John Rovetto, Region MTR Advisor, did an excellent job organizing and running the event.
Many thanks to all the instructors who helped make this a great educational experience.
MTR1 2016 Class – Candidates & Instructors
It was a blast, with much learning and fun to be had. But boy was it cold! 17 students plus several instructors and two search&rescue dogs camped overnight in tents with the temperature dropping to 13 degrees.
Below is a picture from Day 2 after breaking camp. Can you find where the campers in the photo above were sleeping?
Saturday 12/3 NJ Region ran 2 OEC practical evaluations.
Mountain Creek’s OEC course had 5 passing students and Delaware Valley’s class also had 5 passes. This gives us a grand total of 10 new patrollers out on the slopes this year.
Congratulations to all of them!
Many thanks to the instructors who helped with the classes and to the evaluators who came out to test the candidates.
Special thanks to the IORs and IT’s who make these course happen:
Delaware Valley: David Mooney, IOR; Alan Bergstrom, IT
Mountain Creek: KG, IOR; Gene Kohler, IT
DVSP’s Class (L-R): Robert Shultz, John Sevchuk, Kris Boehm, Susan Peters, Samantha Johnston, Chuck Korger
MCSP’s Class (L-R): Bailey Plotts, Samuel Moen, Christopher D’Amello, Cheryl Corbett, John Mackessack