The National Winter Activity Center Ski Patrol is morning the loss of their Patrol Mom, Susan Marx.
Her son Michael Marx is the Eastern Division 2016 YAP of the Year. Driving Michael 3.5 hours at least once every weekend for training or to patrol since he joined the HVSP Band-aid Patrol at 10 years old, Susan became a fixture in the Patrol Room and will be deeply missed by all.
Mountain Travel & Rescue 1 course will be held at High Point State Park, December 10th thru 11th.
For more information download:
MTR 1 2016 Flyer
MTR 1 Course Essentials
Course Textbook Required. Purchase from Amazon.com, hardcopy or Kindle:
- Vote for NSP Board Members (see below)
- Last two NJ OEC Refreshers are both on 11/20 at Mountain Creek and Campgaw (see below)
Click HERE for important voting information!
Board voting closes Thursday December 1st. Vote now!
All NJ Region refreshers are Hybrid OEC Refreshers.
This means there are two parts that you will need to complete to get your OEC Cycle C Refresher credit:
PART 1 – Online portion (Lectures)
PART 2 – “On Mountain” portion (Hands-on)
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FOR ALL
REFRESHERS AT NSP.ORG IS REQUIRED.
INSTRUCTOR OEC REFRESHERS:
Saturday 9/10 at Lambertville, NJ (8am – 3pm) DONE!
Sunday 9/18 at Wayne, NJ (8am – 3pm) DONE!
2016 OEC REFRESHERS:
National Winter Activity Center – 10/15
Delaware Valley – 10/16 (This refresher is being run later than usual this year)
- Campgaw – 11/20 (E043160001)
- Mountain Creek – 11/20 (Q122160003)
(see Calendar for Course#/Registration links)
Information on taking a Hybrid OEC Refresher
PART 1 – ONLINE Refresher Material:
Here are the steps to take the online portion:
There is NO course number for the Online Refresher portion.
1) Logging into www.NSP.org
2) Click the “For Members” button.
3) Click the “Online Learning” button
4) UPDATE: A screen will pop-up in a new tab/window saying the “You are leaving www.NSP.org” and to click on the image to go the knowledgedirectweb.com site.
NOTE: if clicking the image does nothing, you have pop-ups blocked. Try holding down the SHIFT key while clicking or change your settings to allow pop-ups.
4a)You will be taken to the “nsp.knowledgedirectweb.com” – Log in (your username/password from last year has not changed).
5) Click the “Available Courses” Tab
6) Select the “OEC Refresher Cycle C 2016” and Click “Add”
[if you don’t see Cycle C listed you may need to click the + sign at the bottom of the box to expand the list.]
7) Its Free!…Click “Add Course”
8) You should be back to the “My Course” tab – Click “Launch” under “OEC Refresher Cycle C 2016”
9) Select Module one to start (You must do the modules in order) and you will be presented with more info to fill in:
[Note: if the form is auto filled it is probably wrong.]
Member ID = your 6 digit NSP #
Patrol/unit name = Patrol name
Patrol/Unit Number = E###
10) Begin the modules.
11) Finish modules. Fill out evaluation form. Print completion certificate. Bring Certificate to Hands-on Refresher portion.
PART 2: Hands-on OEC Refresher sign up:
If you would like a visual walk through of the proces:
Login to NSP.org >>> Click “Costumer Care FAQ” button >>> Select “Course Enrollment” under Detailed Video Tuorials.
1) Log in to www.NSP.org
2) Click “For Members”
3) On the right hand side, under “Member Resources” click “Course Schedule”
[Note: if you don’t see the Member Resouces” column, use the Member Resources drop-down at the top of the page and select “Course Schedule”]
4) In “Course Number Equals”, enter <Course Number>*, then click “Find”
5) Find the date you want to attend and Click course title link “OEC Refresher C”
6) Click “Register Myself”
7) Click “Proceed to Checkout”
8) Click “Submit Order”
*Enter “Q122160003” for Mountain Creek,
or “E043160001” for Campgaw
IMPORTANT: You will not get credit for the refresher if you do not complete the registration.
Keep calm…deep breath…BSI…A,B,C’s…OEC on.
Congratulations to The Center’s first OEC class!
[L-R] (Class IT) Harriet Frawley, Quint VonLengerke, Rex Anderson Jr.,
Larry “Kep” Ketchum, Bailey Plotts, Melissa Masucci, (Class IOR) Joni Porter
OEC Evaluation run on Saturday, September 17th, 2016
Many thanks to:
Evaluators: Allan Clark, Debbie Nechay-Hoer, Dianne Ullmer, Gene Kohler, Jeff Jablonski, Jim Stewart, KG, Lainie McDonnell, Ralph Cooke, Robert Quigley
Patients and Helpers: Stu Mavros , Henery Mah, Katie Quigley, Mike DeFilippis, Kevin Duffy
OEC Exam Coordinator: David Mooney
Thanks to Mountain Creek for hosting the evaluation.